Bachelor of Journalism. Graduation date: May 16, 2014.
The University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Self-designed interest area (photojournalism and print and digital news).
- English minor and multicultural certificate
Study Abroad Semester, September 2013 – December 2013
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Catholic University of the Sacred Heart), Milan, Italy
Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County October 2018 — Present
- Assist Communications Manager in internal and external communications for stakeholders and the public
- Event planning
- Promotional photography and video
- Website and social media management
News Editor, Fort Myers Beach Observer July 2016 – September 2018
- Manage weekly production of 8,000-circulation paper
- Report, write and edit weekly stories, covering local government, environmental issues, school news, local organizations, and community news
- Shoot photos or create maps in Adobe Illustrator to compliment news stories
- Manage letters to the editor and vet for accuracy
- Produce content for other Breeze Newspapers publications and special sections
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, and website content
Reporter, Observer Media Group June 2014 – June 2016
- Beat reporting on county government, county school board and neighborhood associations
- Community reporting and feature writing
- Daily web stories for online product
- Reporting and photography for quarterly magazine, bimonthly insert and annual special sections
- Event photography
- Development of Instagram brand
Summer Internship, Enid News & Eagle June 2013 – August 2013
- General assignment daily reporting and scheduled weekends
- City government, education, crime and fire reports, agriculture, self-generated features
- Coverage of tornado in Moore, Okla., for the Norman Transcript
Reporter and Photographer, Columbia Missourian May 2012 – May 2014
- Class component newsroom courses
- Spring Semester 2014 Advanced Reporter: Local politics, city council elections, enterprise reporter.
- Spring Semester 2013 Staff Photography: photo stories, general assignment, sports, studio portraits.
- Summer 2012 Reporter: General assignment including features, city government, education, crime and fire reports
Cooperative Media Group, University of Missouri Extension September 2011 – May 2014
- Photographer, contributing writer for Extension publications
- Photo and video editing for Extension news and promotional stories
- Basic videography
- Current model: Nikon D-7000
- Studio lighting equipment and technique
- Final Cut Pro and Final Cut 10
- Photo Mechanic
- Adobe Bridge
- Intermediate Spanish
- Basic Italian
Would you like to contact me?